Your Christmas cards have been sent, the presents are wrapped and the holiday is about to begin. Here is a quiz to get you in the Christmas spirit.
1. When was the first commercial Christmas card printed in the UK?
2. When was the first commercial Christmas card printed in the USA?
3. What is the UK’s all time biggest hit song about Christmas?
a) Last Christmas by Wham!
b) Do They Know It’s Christmas? by Band Aid
c) Mary’s Boy Child by Boney M
4. In what film did the song White Christmas first appear?
a) White Christmas
b) Home Alone
c) Holiday Inn
5. Which of the Wise Men was said to have brought the gift of gold for the baby Jesus?
6. How many gifts are given in total in the song The Twelve Days of Christmas?
7. Clement Clarke Moore’s 1822 poem “The night before Christmas” names eight of Santa’s reindeer. Which one of the following was not in the original list?
8. In what country did the Christmas tradition of the decorated fur tree start?
9. In Jingle Bells, the singer says “I thought I’d take a ride”. Who was soon seated at their side?
a) Fanny Bright
b) Charlotte Bronte
c) Nellie Melba
10. What is the popular name for little baked sausages wrapped in rashers of streaky bacon?
a) Hot dogs
b) Pigs in blankets
c) Sausage rolls